Thank you for choosing Dr. Chad Arthur as your child’s Scottsdale and Glendale, AZ orthodontist. At Arthur Orthodontics, it is our mission to provide patients of all ages with customized treatment plans in a friendly, welcoming environment. We strive to ensure your child is as comfortable as possible in the orthodontic chair, which is why we have provided you with information on what to expect at your child’s first visit.
When is the best time to begin orthodontics?
The best time to begin orthodontics is no later than 7 years old or when orthodontic problems first arise, according to The American Association of Orthodontists. Early detection can ensure the best results and least amount of money and time spent. However, Dr. Chad Arthur can improve smiles of all ages. This is simply the optimal time period to begin treatment.
What are the benefits of early orthodontic treatment?
Early evaluation serves a number of purposes at Arthur Orthodontics. Some of the benefits include:
- Timely problem detection
- Opportunity for more effective treatment
- Prudent intervention to guide growth & development
- Prevents serious problems later
When orthodontic intervention is not necessary, an orthodontist can carefully monitor growth and development and begin treatment when it is ideal.
Why is age 7 considered the optimal time for screening?
By the age of seven, your child’s first adult molars are exposed, which establishes the back bite. Arthur Orthodontics can assess front-to-back and side-to-side tooth relationships. For example, erupting incisors can predict the possibility of an overbite, open bite, crowding, or gummy smiles.
Screening during this optimal time can increase the likelihood for a beautiful smile.
What are the advantages of interceptive treatment?
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Giving crowded, erupting teeth more room
- Influencing jaw growth to create facial symmetry
- Reduction in the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Less time with braces
Is your child a candidate for orthodontic treatment?
Dr. Arthur improves the look of smiles as well as bad bites (malocclusions). Malocclusions occur due to jaw or tooth misalignment. These affect smiles, chewing, teeth cleaning and your feelings toward your own smile. We at Arthur Orthodontics want to ensure your child feels confident about their smile. After all, isn’t that what a smile is supposed to mean?
Why should malocclusions be treated?
Here are some disadvantages to having malocclusions. Take a look at our before and after gallery. (All the more reason to treat them!):
- Crowded teeth are more difficult to properly brush and floss, which may contribute to tooth decay and/or gum disease.
- Protruding teeth are more susceptible to accidental chipping.
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear.
- Openbites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.
Contact Arthur Orthodontics!
Ultimately, Arthur Orthodontics gives you more than just a pretty smile, we create a healthier you. Request an appointment for your child today or contact us for more information regarding early treatment. We look forward to seeing you and your child soon!