Improving Smiles In Glendale & Scottsdale, AZ
Dr. Arthur and his staff have helped families in Glendale, Scottsdale, and the surrounding Arizona areas achieve beautiful smiles for years. Dedicated to bringing you top quality orthodontic care, we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of orthodontic services. Invisalign Teen, one of the most popular treatments we offer, is a great alternative to braces for younger patients. Read below to learn more.
What Is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign teen is a cosmetically enhanced method for straightening teeth without the use of metal wires and brackets. It’s nearly invisible and does not involve the same restrictions that metal braces do. Invisalign Teen is essentially a clear set of removable aligners that are custom-made with 3D imaging technology to fit the individual’s top and bottom teeth. You will get a new set of aligners every two weeks as your teeth progressively shift into a straight position.
Benefits Of Invisalign Teen
Invisalign Teen is an effective treatment option that is equally comparable to traditional braces without the appearance of braces in your mouth. Additionally, the aligners are comfortable to wear and easily removable, enabling you to:
- Eat whatever you want, when you want it
- Brush, floss, and care for your teeth easily
- Play sports and participate in other extracurricular activities
Invisalign Teen Vs. Invisalign For Adults
Invisalign Teen is similar to Invisalign for adults with the exception of a few minor differences:
- Colored Compliance Tabs – Invisalign Teen features a blue dot indicator on each aligner, which will fade away after two weeks of wear. This technology helps us determine if movements are complete and ready for the next stage. It also reminds the patient to wear the aligner as often as recommended, as their doctors can tell if the duration of has been inadequate. Invisalign Teen is proven most effective when it is worn for 20-22 hours a day, and routinely, the trays are changed every two weeks.
- Replacement Aligners – Invisalign Teen comes with six complimentary replacement aligners, just in case the patient misplaces the original set.
- Eruption Tabs – Many teens still have permanent teeth emerging from beneath the gum line. This is why there is additional space left in the aligners to make room for any adult teeth which need to erupt, making Invisalign a treatment option for teens.
The Convenience Of Invisalign Teen
The average treatment time and price for Invisalign Teen is similar to what it would be for Damon braces however it is patient specific based on the complexity of treatment. Provided the patient consistently wears the Invisalign trays, treatment can be very smooth with fewer visits to the orthodontic office. Convenience is also one of the main reasons why more people than ever, both teens and adults, are opting for clear aligners to achieve their dream smile.
Contact Arthur Orthodontics!
Arthur Orthodontics is proud to serve the communities of Glendale and Scottsdale, AZ. If you have any questions regarding Invisalign Teen, please contact us. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you. We look forward to seeing you smile!